Ingredients (serves 3):
2/3 cup (160 g) Brown or sushi rice
2 Cod fillet
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
1/2 tsp Turmeric (ground)
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
2 tbsps Lime Juice
1/4 cup Coriander (finely chopped)
6 leaves Romaine (large, chopped)
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
1 Mango (peeled and cubed)
1 Avocado (sliced)
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet. Keep it warm.
- Pat the cod dry with a paper towel. Add 1/5 of the oil, turmeric, garlic powder, and 1/2 of the salt to the cod. Rub the spices into the cod and set it aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and then add the cod. Cook for four minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove and let cool and then flake and set aside.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, blend the remaining oil, lime juice, cilantro, and remaining salt until smooth.
- Divide the romaine evenly between bowls and top with the fish, tomatoes, mango, and avocado. Add the dressing and enjoy!
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
Add jalapeno to the dressing before blending and purée. Add a touch of honey to the dressing to for a bit of sweetness.
Add crushed tortilla chips to the salad for crunch.
Finely chop the coriander and shake the dressing ingredients together in a jar.
One cod fillet is equal to 231 grams or eight ounces.
Use sushi rice or any other rice instead of brown rice. Use any veggies you might have on hand: radishes, pepper, cucumber, edamame beans, etc.
Add a Comment