Ingredients (serves 4):
1 Sweet Potato (sliced into thin rounds)
3/4 tsp Coconut Oil
3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
2 Shallots (sliced)
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper
4 cups (120g) Baby Spinach (chopped)
1 Tomato (diced)
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 392ºF (200ºC). Grease a glass pie plate with a bit of coconut oil. Cover the base and sides of the plate with the sweet potato rounds. Layer the rounds until no glass is showing. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crack eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in shallots, minced garlic, yellow and red pepper. Sauté for 5 to 8 minutes. Add in chopped spinach and saute just until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add spinach mix and diced tomatoes into the egg mix. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Remove sweet potato crust from the oven. Pour egg mixture over top of the crust. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Place quiche in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into slices. Enjoy!
Add a Comment